Monday, August 10, 2009

Lewistown and Hike

For anyone planning to visit Montana, don't go to Lewistown. We were there for the Montana PA conference and I doubt if we ever go back. It was very flat and good food (and service) was hard to find. On the positive side, there was a McDonalds. We did take a drive one evening and got some pretty cool pictures of a storm coming through.

Yesterday was quite possibly the best day we've had here without skis or a snowboard. We drove up into the Tobacco Root mountains to Branham lakes and hiked for 5 hours. I think we were at around 10,000 feet when we reached the top. It was absolutely breathtaking. Pictures don't do it justice, of course, but we still took a zillion.






The arrows point to the peak we hiked to from different distances.




Chris hiking the ridge to the peak.















Our starting point.







2 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Amy,
My name is Beth and I am Chris's favorite cousin...at least I better be. My friends say he is a male version of me. I don't know if that is a compliment for either one of us. Anyway I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I love all the pictures you post. They make we want to move there. Take care of my cuz...
Love y'all,
Beth

P.S. love the chainsaw pics...lol

The Williamsons said...

Thank you, Beth!! We love it out here and there's so much to take pictures of! You'll have to come visit!