Monday, June 29, 2009

Goodbye Collar

So Long, Fairwell, Auf Weidersehen, Goodbye. . .Hausta la Vista. . .Au Revoir!!!

Today was a fantastic day! The CT showed that I'm healing nicely so we did xrays while I flexed and extended my neck (much more difficult than I anticipated). C1 and C3 remained stable so I'm officially being weaned out of the collar! Bone is no longer the concern. . .it's my poor, unused muscles that need the TLC now. During the day I can keep the collar off and stretch my neck to help those muscles relax some. I will have to wear the collar at night for about a week. I still look really stiff. Luckily, Marcella, I do not have a giraffe neck :) But, Chris says that it does look longer. My scar doesn't look that bad at all and as long as I don't burn it this summer it should blend in nicely in about a year. Still no heavy lifting, but I can do just about anything I want (no boxing, waterskiing, or trampolining for a while). I do have medical clearance to fly home in August for all of those worried (SUSAN!). So, that's about all for now. Thanks everyone for continuing to pray for me! Love ya'll!!

My first lunch without the collar. Do I look like I miss it?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Lovely giraffe picture...too funny! So glad everything is coming to an end for you. Can we start with the "Dear Mom & Dad"'s?