Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fusing, Fusing, Fusing. . .

Keep that bone a fusing [sing to the tune of the Rawhide theme song]. So, yesterday I saw Dr. Russo for my 1-month follow-up and he said that I was "fusing fast" at C5-6. That is FANTASTIC news. He can't really see the fractures at C1 and C3 on x-rays, but he said it's safe to assume that they are healing at the same rate. The plan is to follow up in 2 weeks for x-ray. If all looks good, we'll schedule the CT in 2 more weeks. If he likes the CT, he'll take the collar off that day and take x-rays as I flex and extend my neck. If not, the collar will stay on for probably another 2 weeks. Very good report from the doc so let's all keep praying!! Oh, took off my pain patch today so tomorrow will be the true test. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: