Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Saved From the Jaws of Death

Chris and I were working (ok, I was tanning, he was working) in the yard when he walked in the garage to find Rex about to make a meal out of a sweet, innocent hummingbird!! Chris snatched up the exhausted bird just before Rex could get his mouth around him. It seems that the little bird had been working very hard to get out the garage and away from Rex. The bird laid limp, almost lifeless, in Chris' palm on the verge of death. I went in the house to get my camera and as I stepped back outside, Chris was giving the bird CPR. Yes, you read right. CPR to a tiny hummingbird. Just as I was about to take a picture of Chris lip to beak with the bird, the bird flew out of his hand and hovered just above my head. Chris saved his life!! Do I have the most amazing boyfriend or what?




No comments: